Leveraging Data for Social Good
Date: 29 July 2021 (Thursday)
Time: 12.30PM - 2PM (Zoom link will be sent closer to event date)
Host: General Assembly
• Kishan S | Lead Instructor Data Science, General Assembly (Moderator)
• Chua Hui Xiang | Senior Data Scientist, Dataiku
• Emily Dothe | Data Scientist, abillion
• Mai Thanh Hien | Director, Head of Data Science, VNLife Singapore
• Yuan Shi | Data Scientist, Amazon Web Services
The growing corporate trend to combine social value and business value has been put into overdrive by COVID-19. Businesses must now work in new ways to address the unprecedented challenges faced by both their workforce and the communities they‘re a part of.
Social value has often been a secondary goal for companies, done as a moral obligation and not perceived as a driver of business value. However, companies can include social responsibility in their core business by leveraging data, a powerful means towards positive social impact. By developing data strategies with the right principles, they are empowered to find creative and well-informed ways to tackle global issues.
Join us and our experts as they delve into the importance of data in achieving social good and share the principles that help businesses shape an effective strategy for gathering, assessing, and using data for good.