Different Ways You Can Do Good
When planning a corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative, companies tend to send their employees to volunteer or donate to a charity. However, the possibilities of doing good extend much further than that. By exploring various possibilities of doing good, your company can make a much greater impact. If you have an upcoming CSR initiative, why not try to apply these different ways of doing good?
Ways to support those in need financially
- Make cash donations to charities and social service agencies, such as those on Giving.sg.
- Organise fundraisers and donate proceeds to those in need.
- Give donations in kind through the SGUnited portal.
- Support non-profit organisations by purchasing their goods and services.
- Sponsor events and programmes that engage the community or support needy causes.
- Ensure the option for employee payroll deductions and donate money to a charity of their choice.
Taking action to help those in need
- Encourage employees to take part in hands-on volunteering for causes that they are passionate about.
- Engage employees in skills-based volunteering to maximise your impact.
- Offer your company's assets and resources or provide subsidised rates for services to support non-profit organisations.
- Leverage on your company's public image to advocate for relevant causes.
- Serve on a board in a non-profit.
- Offer pro-bono services to those in need.
Giving within the workplace
- Implement inclusive hiring practices by hiring marginalised workers, such as the elderly or those with disabilities.
- Provide equal opportunities and rights in the workplace, regardless of gender, age, or nationality.
- Reduce waste in the office by going digital.
- Switch to suppliers that exercise ethical procurement and supply chain management.
- Manage energy and water consumption.
Company of Good has many resources to help you do good! Join our Company of Good Fellowship programme to network with like-minded practitioners in CSR, or check out our doing good guide - It's Just Good Business! Guide to Corporate Giving. We also have resources on skills-based volunteering and fundraising ideas! Keep an eye out for our emails that will bring more resources your way very soon.